Sign in to follow this  
manfred spatz

Flickering Windarrow and ND Panel with Project Magenta

Please read the extract I copied from The PMagenta Forum. We are some useres with the same problemand wonder if it could be caused by ASE when downloading new weather. Thanks ! Manfred Spatz Member The windarrow is also blinking in my case, Using hifi ASE, last version with update 3.0 Enrico Schiratti offline Key Master What is hifi ASE? Is this with FSX as well? Posted 3 weeks ago # Quote Manfred Spatz Seems to occur with HIFI Active Sky Evolution only, not with the default weather. Seems to happen when the weather program downloads the new weather situations. Posted 3 weeks ago # Quote Enrico Schiratti offline Key Master I wonder what I can do about it. How abrupt is the change and how long does it usually take until it stops doing that? Posted 2 weeks ago # Quote John Combs offline Flying yesterday and noticed this, the wind direction arrow on the ND flicks and it is a result of ASE. After turning off ASE, no more flicks. Another issue, I think it caused a sudden jump from a sudden wind change; had ASE on and at the last moment (about 500 feet from TDZ) the aircraft flicked heavily to the left exactly when the needle flicked (from ASE). I don't think ASA ever caused this...The question is, has ASE changed something on the download profiles at their server and it is causing the flicks. Maybe, we should email HiFi?John Posted 2 weeks ago # Quote Enrico Schiratti offline Key Master Yes, if you can, please contact them. They seem to perhps be having some problems with writing the values to FSX.That what you see in the ND are the current surrounding wind direction and speed offsets provided by FSUIPC.0E90 2 Ambient wind speed (at aircraft) in knots0E92 2 Ambient wind direction (at aircraft), *360/65536 to get degrees Posted 2 weeks ago # Quote Manfred Spatz Thanks John Combs, you describe it like it happens to me. Some times the flickering is also "outside" in the sky/scenery of FSX, both problems lasts the time ASE downloads the new weather.So we must contact HIFI SiM ! Posted 2 weeks ago # Quote

Hello, Are you folks experiencing this using DWC mode? Are you aware that constant shifts in wind direction are a normal fact of FSX, and DWC is the only thing that can correct that? When FSX shifts the wind, and ASE shifts it back, of course you would see a "flicker" of wind direction. If you don't use DWC, you can experience great wind shifts but it won't shift back to correct. So if this is what you require you can disable DWC. As to this and all these other problems outlined like 500ft "flick to the left", please contact our support helpdesk (http://www.hifisim.com support button) and we'll give each one of them individual attention.. please remember specifics, we need logs and details so we can identify what is happening. Hope that helps...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for that answer so quickly. I´ll test ist out within some days and will puplic your answer also in the PM Forum, so the other pilots can try it also. RegardsManfred