Sign in to follow this  
JonnyGR4

Cold and dark help

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so go easy! Only just got NGX installed last night so haven't had much time on it yet but was wondering how I get the aircraft into the cold and dark state? Also, does this mean all engines, power etc are off? Cheers, Jonny.

Hi!

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so go easy! Only just got NGX installed last night so haven't had much time on it yet but was wondering how I get the aircraft into the cold and dark state? Also, does this mean all engines, power etc are off?
Yes it does. CDU (where the FMC resides) -> Menu ->PMDG Setup -> Panel State Load -> NGX CLDDRK You can also set that state as your default Startup State on the PMDG Setup page.

Before you do that, though, go through the intro document and the tutorial. You MUST!!! do that! No ifs and buts. After you're comfortable with the plane, you might want to read the FCOMs and FCTM. In the FCOM and QRH you will find checklists. You could also search on these forums for Michael Swannick's checklist. This airplane has a steep learning curve if you've only flown simple or default airplanes. If you don't read the documentation and get familiarized with it, you're going to get a lot of heat from people constantly telling you to "RTFM!". Besides... You did buy this plane because it's as real as it gets, right? Real pilots read manuals. A LOT of them.

Cristi Neagu