Sign in to follow this  
747fan666

CD-key

Hi, i just got my 747-400x (used) via amazon. It's the original box with everything in it, except the cd key! I'dont think, that the sellsman can give me the original key... So how can i activate the software, without doing anything illegal, like cracking and stuff? Is the pmdg support portal still active? Thank you

Why can't the salesman provide you with the key? How much did you pay for it? You would have been far better off purchasing direct from PMDG, with a list price of $54.99 you can't go wrong and you also have access to the service pack. Please read forum rules friend.

\Robert Hamlich/

i paid 38,00 euro. the new one would cost 52 euro. afterwards i would buy just the new one, to avoid trouble. i sent a message to the salesman, if he can't give me the serial, i will send it back to him and buy a new one. Mathias Jakubzick

Hi Mathias, nice to meet you. I hope you do indeed get your money back. By any chance is this person selling other flight sim related products on Amazon?

\Robert Hamlich/

he offers "german airports 2" and about 1000 other games of different genres. i think most of his stuff is used. now i recognise, that it was selled "unused". the package looked not that good (not welded in), but the dvd and the manuals looked new. maybe i am too stupid to find that key? where can i find it?

No not stupid, I'm sure of that. Not sure where the key is, I buy AC via download from reputable companies. You should look everywhere but usually the key can be found inside the case or pasted to the inside of the box, perhaps on a flap. Can I suggest that you add you name to your sig, click on username\my profile\edit my proile\signature and from now on you won't risk having your post deleted.

\Robert Hamlich/

ok, added my signature to the profile. there is nothing inside...i looked another 5 times. I will wait for the answer of the shop, give them some time to fix it, otherwise I will send it back. Amazon seems to make refunds very easy.I want to fly this 747-400 so bad, now i will wait another week. this is gonna be very hard.The salesman just sent me a friendly answer, unfortunately he hasn't got anything more. I will send it back to him.

I would just send it back and be done with it, lesson learned (I hope). For another 14,00 euro you can have the original. If you do not have a credit card PMDG does accept PayPal transactions, pretty easy to set up and takes about a week.

\Robert Hamlich/