Sign in to follow this  
gpc01

Installing R4D/DC-3/C-47-FS 2004

I successfully downloaded and extracted subject file. Subsequently, I installed the extracted files to the (default) directory "C Program Files Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9" (which I was propted to create because it did not exist). Then, I loaded FS 2004 and no new DC3 appeared in the "Douglas" category. Note: (For some reason) my FS 2004 installed itself in the directory "C Program Files (x86) Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9." Then I extracted the files to "C Program Files (x86) Microscoft Games\Flight Simulator 9. When I opened FS 2004, I got the anticipated "FSSOUND.DLL FALSE ERROR FLAG." I selected load, as instructed. When I accessed the "Douglas" CZategorty, no new DC-3 appeared. I am pretty much po'd at this point, and I am thinking about calling the bank and squawking this purchase.

Hi. Let's see if I can help you out and get you flying. First of all, do you have a name? If you give me that I'll look your order up and, if you wish, i can call you to lead you through the minefield The reason your FS2004 installed into x86 is because you are running Win7. This being the case, you need to change the installation directory in the installer to match -- x86, not the default directory. When you said you "extracted" it there it sounds like that's where you opened the zip archive to. It does not matter where you extract the installer to, but you must change that installtion path to match your FS9 directory. If the planes are no in the directory, something is not going where it should.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thank you, Bill, for responding. My nanme is Gary Crosby, my order ID is 11525