Sign in to follow this  
creppel

Sudden wind change during descent

I have a repeating problem with the wind during descent. It is now autumn in Europe and there are strong winds. I flew ENVA-ENGM, ESMS-ESSA and EKCH-EDDH. Upper winds about 60-100kts and still about 30kts or more @FL100.About 40-50NM to destination passing ~FL200-FL150 the winds are constant about 40kts there was always a sudden wind shift to less than 10kts. Reloading the weather took it back to normal strong winds.DWC is on and I have the latest release for my FSX.

Hi Cristoph, Are you using SP3 official or the beta B649 update? B649 includes faster DWC writes specifically to prevent this kind of problem. If you haven't yet tried that please see the pinned topic in this forum to download it and try it, letting us know if that helps prevent or minimize this issue?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Christoph, We will attempt to duplicate this using your flight parameters: ENVA-ENGM, ESMS-ESSA and EKCH-EDDH. This may take some time to perform testing. Are you using the ATC wind lock feature?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

No, I don´t use that feature.Today was the same during descent into EDDW. I think you can try whereever strong winds are.