Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

WideFSMap

I purchased WideFSMap a few days ago but have been unable to get it to work. There are no instructions, I have e-mailed the designer who tells me I only need a registered copy of FSUIPC which I have in its most recent version. On my iPod touch, it connects to the FSUIPC server but the coordinates all show zeros and that is where the aircraft shows up when I change to map view. It is not showing its location at the airport it is located at. Anyone have any ideas, it seems a neat little addon? NigelVancouver

Guest jahman

Ah, yes, you did say you had the lastest version of FSUIPC. I would suspect you also need to purchase a WideFS key for FSUIPC to work over a network. According to p.3 of the FSUIPC4 - User Guide (v. 4.70 dd. April 11th 2011):

support for Networked clients of WideFS does however still need purchase of the WideFS key.
This might explain why nothing is transmitted even though the connection seems to be established. Also in your FSUIPC4.ini file you should have the following section: [WideServer]wideFSenabled=YesAdvertiseService=1Port=8002Port2=9002 [ClientNames]1=<NameOfYourClientGoesHere> Finally, there is also a WideServer.log file in the /Modules directory that could offer you additional information. Cheers, - jahman,

Do you have the latest version of FSUIPC? (Versions prior to v. 4.70 do not include WideServer7 which presume is required for accessing FSUIPC over a network).
All versions of FSUIPC4 has included WideServer7, built in. there never has been a separate DLL for FSX and later. But of course it does need registering with a WideFS key. RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thx to both of you, particularly you Pete for all you have done for flight simming over the decades; I will pursue all your suggestions Jahman Nigel

Guest jahman
All versions of FSUIPC4 has included WideServer7, built in.
OK, in that case you might want to touch-up the text of your official pageas the current text can be interpreted in more than one way: Cheers, - jahman.

OK, in that case you might want to touch-up the text of your official page
It isn't my "official page" but Enrico Schiratti's, as it clearly states. I have no control over it, which is why I maintain up to date versions in my Support Forum (see the Download Links subforum there). Unfortunately many places link to the Schiratti page so that controls the earliest versions I support, but thankfully Enrico does still update things occasionally, just not as often as I can do so in the Support Forum. If I remember I'll ask him for a little re-wording next time he does an update. The wording you quote actually dates back to even before the release of FSX, when FSUIPC4 was released for Beta testers. I think he just changes the date to reflects the version being hosted. RegardsPete

Guest jahman
It isn't my "official page" but Enrico Schiratti's, as it clearly states.
No, it clearly states it is your official page! Cheers, - jahman.

No, it clearly states it is your official page!
No it does not. It says "Peter Dowson" not "Peter Dowson's". You are not reading what it actually says. It is Enrico's "Peter Dowson" page, because it is where HE collects all my software because, as he also says, he could not easily find it all before he did this. (Even talking about CompuServe which I think died in the early or mid- 90's, showing how long it has been like this!). I'm not continuing this futile and silly discussion. I told you what the score was. Leave it at that. Pete

Guest jahman

Sorry, Pete, everyone on Earth (me included) would think a page that says "The Official Peter Downson Page" is your official page. If that's not the case, why not contact Enrico and ask him to make the necessary changes? Cheers, - jahman.

why not contact Enrico and ask him to make the necessary changes?
Because it's been like that for about 15 years and it's never bothered anyone at all in all that time, until you came along. It simply isn't worth all the fuss you are making. Pete

Guest jahman

I'm not making any fuss at all, I just tried to help someone else out and you jumped in and started corrected details of the info I was providing, so I just showed where I was getting that info. Don't blame me for believing your official page is your odfficial page when in reality your official page isn't your official page. Rather surreal, I'd say. tumblr_l99r0yJZQ01qalq4so1_500.jpg Cheers, - jahman.