Sign in to follow this  
Knight

REX and Radar Contact.

Rex and Radar Contact seem to argue over who has priority over my altimeter setting. When I am at any altitude other than my cruising altitude radar contact likes to reset my altimeter to 29.92. I cannot press "B" to reset my altimeter to the correct setting nor can I manually set my altimeter. This only happens when I use radar contact. Any solutions? I'm using REX Overdrive btw.

Also, when it does work radar contact gives me a different altimeter reading than what I would get by pressing "B" to automatically set it when using REX.Edit: the problem in my first post only occurs when I give Otto the plane.

Radar Contact uses specific transition altitudes according to the aircraft location. Please see the manual about this. The FS "B" key is hard coded to set standard altimeter pressure for a transition altitude of 18,000 feet as used in the US and will set the altimeter pressure incorrectly in locations where it is not 18,000 feet.