Sign in to follow this  
travis26

NGX and TrackIR

Hey guys, quick question for those who have trackir. When i start in the NGX i press pause(F9) on trackir and then move my pilots head back a little bit(Ctrl + Enter) because i feel the pilots head is always too close to the panel as default. However when i press F9 agian to unpause trackir it always resets the position of the pilots head back closer to where is was. Anybody have a trick or know a key you have to press to keep the head where you want it. By the way i only prefer yaw and pitch in trackir so moving my head back will not fix it ;) -Travis

move your head where ever it is comfortable, then press F12 (the default key). It reset to that postion for you.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi Mike, thanks for the feed back and i see what your saying. I only use the yaw and pitch motions though so my camera does not move in and out so to speak, making it always in the one default spot. I use the MSFS keys to move the pilots head back and forth(Ctrl+Enter and Ctrl+Backspace) but when i unfreeze trackir it resets the pilots head back forward to where it first started. I know this probably does not make much sense but i cant think on how else to word it. -Travis

You'll have to go into the aircraft cfg and change the default viewpoint for the virtual cockpit. I'm not exactly sure what numbers to use but I'm sure someone else here knows or can figure it out.