Sign in to follow this  

looking for a good POP UP KILLER?

hi , iam looking to find a good pop up killer (free if possible). iam getting tired of it.... Henry. CYXT

Every month PC Magazine puts out a little utility program that one of it's staff programmers creates. Awhile ago they made one called Cookiecop which, as it's name implies, is intended to stop cookies from being put on your system - unless you give them permission. It works well for this job, but in the second version of the program, Cookiecop II, they added a pop-up stopper that really does a good job.Look here if your interested...http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,2019,00.asp

I use a nice one called "KillAd". It has several modes, including my favorite: "Terminator mode". In that mode, no popup has ever survived....-John

>hi , iam looking to find a good pop up killer (free if >possible). >iam getting tired of it.... Although the marketing VP at Orbitz says that people really kinda dig their popunder ads....I use the [a href=http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/phoenix-release-notes.html]Mozilla browser as done by the Phoenix project.[/a] There are the rare instances where I want the popup to work consistently, and that one allows me to create a popup "whitelist" and it crushes the others... and animated gif files.It's cool. It's lightwweight. It's free. Now if only the damn thing would support iNotes which I use at work, I'd be truly happy.

I tried this one and am happy with the result. The best test is to visit FSPlanet - if it cuts out the pop ups there, its pretty good!

YOWSERS! THANKS! I just downloaded and tried that Popup stopper. MANY thanks. Went to a site that drove me NUTS and it actually let me look at the SITE instead of ther ADS! WOOHOO!