Sign in to follow this  
andm31

Making a model of Karlinska hospital in Stockholm

Hello! I'm trying to create a model to use for a scenery of the Karolinska hospital in Stockholm. I've been trying to follow the tutorial on turning a sketchup model inte a scenery model but I can't quite get it to work. I've made the model, exported it and imported it into modelconverterX but I-m having problems with the export of the textures, only one comes out as a bmp file, the other one shows up as a jpg file. And I also get two messages with the following text: "Please set the path to ImageTool in the options" but I cannot find such an option. And when I try to export the file to the mdl format for FS9 it doesn't show up at all. Here are the files from sketchup, in case anyone would try to make a mdl-file of it. http://www.anderssamuelsson.se/filer/karolinska.skp http://www.anderssamuelsson.se/filer/karolinska.skb

I don't have FS9 installed (no SDK, makeMDL), but try making a copy of the jpg texture and making it a BMP in the same folder and then try again. I did this and was able to make it into an FSX MDL no problem. You will need imagetool or DXTBmp to convert any texture to FS format..

Best, Michael

KDFW

And I also get two messages with the following text: "Please set the path to ImageTool in the options" but I cannot find such an option.
Click on Options in the Main toolbar. In the Options Tab select Texture settings on the left side. On the bottom of the right side under TextureWriter you will see a setting for ImageToolPath. The ImageToolPath is the one which you will have to set for the ImageTool location on your computer.