Sign in to follow this  
Mr.midnight

FSX to Xplane

Hello Folks i must admit it has been years since playing Xplane , and i think im ready to give it a try again and switch from FSX.i have been a using microsoft sims as long as they been out and used x-plane about ten years ago , found it nice but did not like the graphics.from what i see know i ready for a good change from FSX .MY system is :2600k CPUh60 water cooledGigabye board8 gig ram1.5 terra hard drive285 nvidia card 1024 mem800 watt PSth2gomy system i run several monitors 6 in fact and four computers all networked toghether , i also run a lot of software.FSX, Radar Contac, level -d, ultimate traffic,flightsim commander, wideview and numerous other software that is very important for me .i have ch yoke, and peddals , etc.im looking for realisn to the max ..1 cpu runs three monitors with thh2go + software1 cpu runs 1 monitor right view + softwar1 cpu runs 1 monitor left view _ software1 cpu runs all software .all netwoked toghether .what will i need to get as far as software to get this from X-plane.and i will need the complete package as far as scenery.Thanks.................................Robert

Sounds nice Mr! you'll definitely need a newer GPU, latest Gen will take advantage of XP10's advanced, juicy features, check out these excellent posts from the man himself, Ben Supnik, the guy who's designed all the scenery architecture and I suspect, is about to get an awful lot of job offers/ a really fat payrise im Not Worthy.gifhttp://xplanescenery.blogspot.com/2010/08/multicore-and-version-10.htmlhttp://xplanescenery.blogspot.com/2010/12/updating-to-os-x-106x.htmlA few of us are getting great value out of the GTX560 OC Ti card, stunning value.I have no idea about multi-screen/pc setup, but know there are others who do this, I'm sure they may chime in.

thanks for thre fast reply and yes i will be up grading my 285 to the latest and best vid card.i will check out those sites............thanks........Robert