Sign in to follow this  
landingksea

FSDreamteam Vol 2 Review

Great review and well-written but I just want to point out some things that were in the 'What I don't like' box.1. No noticable seasonal changes. Hawaii actually dosan't have any noticable changes bewtween summer and winter other then storm and wind patterns so there shouldn't be any change at all in terms of vegetation and the surrounding area.2. Lack of realstic night lighting.While I agree that some of the other FSDT could have better night lighting in a few areas, these Hawaiian airports don't have much lighting at all anyways. A few years ago on my trip to Kona our flight was delayed making us land at around 9 Hawaiian time. We flew by parallel to the airport for runway 17 and I never even saw the airport. Even the terminal (or open huts) had horrible lighting. Just wanted to get my opinion out smile.png Ethan

Guest firehawk44

This was one of the worst reviews I have ever seen here on AVSIM. As the reviewer stated, the price of the airports comes to $17 each!!! But, for $17, he wants the "default-looking" areas around the airport to be done better? I agree, it looks bad but come on! It's $17!! Money Eyes.gif Actually it would have been nice if a photoreal type scenery, like MegaScenery, could have been blended in but it wasn't like it has been done in LAX or LAS. I think the product information provided by the developer provides better information than this review. Lots of flowery statements but no substance. Do we need a change of seasons there? Like with snow around the airport or leaves falling in the Fall? And what's this statement that if one flies a C172 over the airport, we will see the missing features? Hypnotized.gif If I lived there maybe yes but I don't and most of us here at AVSIM have no idea what this airport looks like in real-life. And I happen to like the fake simulated grassy areas as it's just as nice as the fake grass in FTX/Orbx Orcas and other airports they produce. I think the reviewer should have left everything stated in his "What I don't Like" section as it conflicts with most of his statements in the review. I do appreciate the time and effort reviewers spend on researching and preparing a review on a product though and, for that, I say thank you for your contribution to the world of flight simulation. Just stop getting me excited and all worked up on a rainy weekend! LOL.gifBest regards,Jim

Guest acezboy561
Great review and well-written but I just want to point out some things that were in the 'What I don't like' box.1. No noticable seasonal changes. Hawaii actually dosan't have any noticable changes bewtween summer and winter other then storm and wind patterns so there shouldn't be any change at all in terms of vegetation and the surrounding area.2. Lack of realstic night lighting.While I agree that some of the other FSDT could have better night lighting in a few areas, these Hawaiian airports don't have much lighting at all anyways. A few years ago on my trip to Kona our flight was delayed making us land at around 9 Hawaiian time. We flew by parallel to the airport for runway 17 and I never even saw the airport. Even the terminal (or open huts) had horrible lighting.Just wanted to get my opinion out smile.pngEthan
I see - thanks for that feedback, I knew the seasons wouldnt be as dramatic as KSEA, but thought there would of been somewhat of a change.
This was one of the worst reviews I have ever seen here on AVSIM. As the reviewer stated, the price of the airports comes to $17 each!!! But, for $17, he wants the "default-looking" areas around the airport to be done better? I agree, it looks bad but come on! It's $17!! Money%20Eyes.gif Actually it would have been nice if a photoreal type scenery, like MegaScenery, could have been blended in but it wasn't like it has been done in LAX or LAS. I think the product information provided by the developer provides better information than this review. Lots of flowery statements but no substance. Do we need a change of seasons there? Like with snow around the airport or leaves falling in the Fall? And what's this statement that if one flies a C172 over the airport, we will see the missing features? Hypnotized.gif If I lived there maybe yes but I don't and most of us here at AVSIM have no idea what this airport looks like in real-life. And I happen to like the fake simulated grassy areas as it's just as nice as the fake grass in FTX/Orbx Orcas and other airports they produce. I think the reviewer should have left everything stated in his "What I don't Like" section as it conflicts with most of his statements in the review. I do appreciate the time and effort reviewers spend on researching and preparing a review on a product though and, for that, I say thank you for your contribution to the world of flight simulation. Just stop getting me excited and all worked up on a rainy weekend! LOL.gifBest regards,Jim
Thats probably one of the harshest comments I have ever recieved, one of the few reaons why my reviews are limited now a days because the general public can be so harsh.How can I evaluate a product I dont have, ie; using MegaScenery with Hawaii Airports 2 - if I did, I would, thats for sure.This is probably my favourite comment from you. "And what's this statement that if one flies a C172 over the airport, we will see the missing features?"- The PhotoReal Scenery is Blurry- Scenery doesnt blend into its self.That is what I meant, but I can see how you got confused.Compare Hawaii 2 with something from BluePrints, this was $17.50. Which looks better?http://www.blueprint...leriesKDTW.htmlSo if I say $17 is good for the product, im comparing it to what else is on the market - which obivously drives over the product I just displayed.Normally, I would say thanks to people for giving me feedback (even if it is negative), but I wont too you as I feel your comments were unnecessary. I strongly invite you to write a review, show me how its done okay?

Guest firehawk44

Sorry you didn't like my review of your review. Communications are difficult as they are subject to the interpretation of everyone reading or listening to them and I'm sure there are several variations from the people who have read your review. My interpretation of your "review" was that you were doing a public rant on an FSDT product and I didn't think you justified some of your rants, like the grass or the confusing statement about flying a C172 over the airport. You might have instead stated something like "the photoreal scenery is blurry and doesn't blend well especially when flying low over the airport in a C172. Compare this to some of the products developed by BluePrints (followed with a link to BP)". Something like what you did above in your comments to me. I thought you were talking about missing objects at the airport! Hope any future review can be more in-depth and provide more discussion about the things you don't like about a product. IMHO, to simply make a statement of what you don't like without adequate explanation is not being fair to the developer or to the consumer.Best regards,Jim