Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkW

Computer freeze ?

After months and months of running a very stable system, my computer is now freezing every 10 minutes. Its not a blue screen just a complete freeze, no mouse, no keyboard, no CTRL ALT DEL, only turning off the power works to restore the system.I noticed this happening when I purchased my new Logitech G930 wireless headset and installed the Logitech drivers. As I run two computers when flying on Vatsim, I have the G930 on the other computer and no problem but when its on my FS System for controlling I am getting these very annoying freezes. This is a problem also reported on the Logitech support forums.I have since uninstalled the Logitech drivers, removed the USB connection and run a registry cleaner but now I am still getting these freezes and I am completely lost as to why this is happening.For now I have reverted back to the default clock speed and BIOS settings, although it is not clear if this will resolve anything. In the meantime I wonder if anyone can provide some assistance to help me narrow down what is happening.thanks,Mark.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My event viewer showing 41 Kernel-Power. I have had 13 of these in the last 7 days. I know this error is not very specific, any advice on how to track it down ? From what I have read it can be anything from capacitors on the MB to software/driver issues. I have lowered my OC and seems to be a bit better.strange thing is that the error is happening at low load with my processor speed downclocked to 15 rather than at the OC of 49.Mark.

Thinking is must the the overclock. Updated BIOS and all drivers, tested RAM individually (again) with memtest, all OK. Switching back to default CPU settings I get no freezing so obviously something has changed since my original setup. I will try to move the clock up again and see where it settles out.Mark.

...obviously something has changed since my original setup....
Ambient temperature? If it's warmer it will push your core temperature up. Just a thought...Cheers,- jahman.