Sign in to follow this  
mas618

Calcul. FLEX TO with 736

Hi guys..I've always been using TOPCAT, and still do with the 738/7.What would you guys recommend for FLEX calculation with the 736?Iv'e been checking out UTOPIA (freeware from AVSIM), but I'm not sure how good it is?At ENBR:rwy 17 (9810 ft)TOW 47200 KGSwinds calm at 15C QNH 1013It calculates FLEX temp 70C at flaps 5.I know the program doesn't support climb gradients, but it still sounds like a way to high flextemp in my ears (I haven't had the time to test this though).Any suggestions would be gretly appriciated!Mas

I use UTOPIA as I don't have TOPCAT. It sometimes gives me those very high derates as well I always think over the numbers logically before I use them as I once went over the end of a 10000ft runway in the 800. If your not happy with the given number, put in something lower that you are happy with.

I guess I could do that, but then again - what is the upside of using the program, if you're taking wild guess anyways..? I was thinking that it would be more safe to use the -700 config file for TOPCAT, but then derate that 22K engine to D-TO2 - any ideas?Mas