Sign in to follow this  
beethamwest

CTD possibly relating to Dot Net Framework

The situation was Takeoff from EGLL, which included VFR London, UK2000 EGLL and 100% AI (95% of the airlines installed that EGLL operates, WOAI)There was terrible stuttering at times, even freezing for an entire second when panning around the default 747 VC.Anyway autopilot was on (enroute to KSEA) and i left it flying to watch the football. Upon returning upstairs, i was greeted with 'FSX encounted a problem and has to close' followed by a .Net framework error (version 3.5)I had started FSX via REX.I have since uninstalled VFR london, reduced airport CAR traffic and reduced my resolution to 16bit colour, and EGLL is nice and smooth.Is this just a case of too much for my PC to handle? Specs in signature.

Guest jahman

Please post the log of your FSX CTD.Just to be sure, enable Windows update so your MSVC and .NET runtimes are up to date (then defrag your HDD).Cheers,- jahman.

Guest firehawk44
The situation was Takeoff from EGLL, which included VFR London, UK2000 EGLL and 100% AI (95% of the airlines installed that EGLL operates, WOAI)There was terrible stuttering at times, even freezing for an entire second when panning around the default 747 VC.Anyway autopilot was on (enroute to KSEA) and i left it flying to watch the football. Upon returning upstairs, i was greeted with 'FSX encounted a problem and has to close' followed by a .Net framework error (version 3.5)I had started FSX via REX.I have since uninstalled VFR london, reduced airport CAR traffic and reduced my resolution to 16bit colour, and EGLL is nice and smooth.Is this just a case of too much for my PC to handle? Specs in signature.
VFR London is a known fps/memory hog even for the best of systems. I would not reduce your resolution as it will destroy your enjoyment. I think you have found the solution to your problem - reduce your FSX settings. You can still run VFR London. Just customize your settings in FSX by reducing many of the sliders and AI traffic and save it at the start up screen as 'VFR London'. Then, when you fly that area, you can load those special settings. Just save the settings you like first and name it My Favorite or Default, then, go and customize your settings and then save the VFR London. BTW, your system (and mine) are not capable of running FSX with most of the sliders maxed out. Sure, you can do it for a while but eventually it will crash. You'll just have to tweak it to get the best eye-candy to enjoy.Best regards,Jim

My main objectives now to get out of FSX rests mainly in the ORBX areas (PNW, CRM, NRM, AUS) simply because they give eyecandy like no other. I can get super smoothness with V high settings in those areas. I only flew out of Heathrow to Seattle so that i was in the PNW region. I live in the UK so id rather fly from there to the USA as opposed to just starting a flight from Seattle. Then i'll take a small prop and head in to the many great areas of NW America.

Guest firehawk44
My main objectives now to get out of FSX rests mainly in the ORBX areas (PNW, CRM, NRM, AUS) simply because they give eyecandy like no other. I can get super smoothness with V high settings in those areas. I only flew out of Heathrow to Seattle so that i was in the PNW region. I live in the UK so id rather fly from there to the USA as opposed to just starting a flight from Seattle. Then i'll take a small prop and head in to the many great areas of NW America.
Great choices! I just looked closer at the specs of your computer in your signature and you are overclocking your CPU a little high. A high clock is not required for FSX (maybe for Microsoft Flight). It's only going to increase your chances for overheating and other anomalies. I would suggest nothing higher than 4 GHz. I had mine overclocked to 4.8GHz for a long time but had some CTD's so lowered it to 4.4GHz. I have not seen a CTD since and FSX still runs great.Best regards,Jim