Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiFly

Tail numbers and Livery models out of sync after re-install!

Recommended Posts

Now that I have tested SP1 and everything seemed to be performing well I enabled Maintenance failure options and began several flights using different aircraft. Out of curiousity this morning, I checked my maintenance cfg files and found that the time was being logged to models that were different than the ones I had flown! I then went into FSX aircraft menu and compared tail numbers displayed with what was in the aircraft config files and discovered than they were all mixed up!!! I manually went to display for each model and corrected the tail-numbers and then deleted my maintenance config files for each of the 4 (I do not yet have 600/700) models I have and have begun the timing to failures all over again.The only thing that could have caused this was that when I upgraded, I first uninstalled and deleted all NGX related files including those relating to liveries and then reinstalled everthing. The new livery manager re-installed my files from a folder that had arranged them in alphabetical order and thus they were reinstalled in this order. This was not the order that I had ordinally installed them in, however. Somehow, FSX kept some file that had them arranged in the original installation order and when I reinstalled it correctly placed the livery models but retained the original order for the tail numbers. My suggestion is that if any of you followed my method of upgrading to SP1 you may want to verify the tailnumbers on the models displayed in the aircraft menu. Apparently, NGX uses the tailnumbers from the FSX display rather than the numbers in the actual config files when it logs time against the model for failures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!