Sign in to follow this  

HiWhat is a good cheap pc $400 or below that will run fsx well ? I will keep updating it but I want it to be cheap to start out with. Anything on newegg or eBay you've come across? Or even something you want to get rid of?Thanks lee

HiWhat is a good cheap pc $400 or below that will run fsx well ? I will keep updating it but I want it to be cheap to start out with. Anything on newegg or eBay you've come across? Or even something you want to get rid of?Thanks lee
Keep saving....

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

yeah i know :D or spend more . i was just curiousAny recommendations for building my own pc?thanks

Guest firehawk44
yeah i know :D or spend more . i was just curiousAny recommendations for building my own pc?thanks
Here's a good guide to start with - http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/ . Building your own system is the best and cheapest. Just take a look at some of the setups here in the signatures of people like me and you'll get an idea what you will need. My second system in my signature below works really well with FSX with moderate to high slider settings. FSX is a really old game and was made for old systems like my old system. The newer systems just make it a lot better. You might find a similar system like my old one on E-Bay. When I bought my current system, I took the specs of some of the systems shown in the signatures here at AVSIM and copy/pasted each item into Google, found the best price for that item and then saved it to my Favorites folder. After doing this for every item, I then added up the cost for the entire system and then started ordering. Of course you probably don't have a computer system to do all that Internet buying so, if you have a Micro Center in your area (Google Microcenter) you can buy each piece separately for an excellent price too. They have an outstanding store for buying individual parts. They also sell full systems at competitive prices but you pay for their labor (or someone else's) to put it together. An i5 or i7 system would be the best for future upgrading.Best regards,Jim

I just put together a list of components for the budget simmer this week using prices from newegg. Here's the post: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2147951Add to that list a decent ATX midtower, PSU (Corsair TX650W is a good choice), hard drive or two, optical drive, and you're in business.As Jim said, Microcenter is also a great place to shop if you have one nearby. They sell processors cheaper than anybody else and currently they're doing $60 off any compatible motherboard when you buy an i5-2500k. But that's in-store only and only good through Sunday.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

I just put together a list of components for the budget simmer this week using prices from newegg. Here's the post: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2147951Add to that list a decent ATX midtower, PSU (Corsair TX650W is a good choice), hard drive or two, optical drive, and you're in business.As Jim said, Microcenter is also a great place to shop if you have one nearby. They sell processors cheaper than anybody else and currently they're doing $60 off any compatible motherboard when you buy an i5-2500k. But that's in-store only and only good through Sunday.
Spot on advice, can't argue with any of that

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

great thanks guys