Sign in to follow this  
Bill McQueen

Problem with hills from west of Heathrow to Wales coast

Unfortunately I got these hills with some download.Do not fly that often to UK so I noted it after a lot of downloadsand cannot figure it out, what causes this.Is there anyone with the same problem and has a solution?Tks for any replyPeter from Salzburg

Guest allcott

Screenshot of problem please, or a description of what the problem is.Allcott

Guest danowat

Hills west of Heathrow to the Welsh coast?, hmmm could it be you are seeing the Brecon Beacons?.Are you using any addon mesh?.And yeah I screenie would be a good idea showing the problem.CheersDan.

The problem you have is called SLOUGH.I apologise on behalf of the British people for this horrendous stain on the landscape (and flightsim;-)CheersAdam(8 NM East EGLL)

Guest danowat

I am sure David Brent would disagree ;) LOLCheersDan.

Though an American, I can also take umbrage with that comment... :)I have spent many a week at the now non-existent MOD Compass Observatory there! Slough is a great place!

Guest danowat

At the risk of veering wildly of topic ;), this excert from John Betjeman's poem sums Slough up pretty well LOL.Come, friendly bombs, and fall on SloughIt isn't fit for humans now,There isn't grass to graze a cow Swarm over, Death!Come, bombs, and blow to smithereensThose air-conditioned, bright canteens,Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans Tinned minds, tinned breath.Mess up the mess they call a town --A house for ninety-seven downAnd once a week for half-a-crown For twenty years.CheersDan.

I apologise for ruining this thread..where's this screenshot you were going to post?"I'll get my coat"

Last August I was working down in London for a 10 week stint when it was the very hot weather. Anyway I ended up working on a broken down Air Conditioning unit on the roof of the Observatory shopping centre in Slough and the temperature was 97 degrees f!!!Ever so slightly warm if you ask me :-lolSlough seemed like a nice place, didn't bump into David, Gareth or Tim though :-)Bill

Sorry for the delay, but i did have to install screenshot utility, did have to learn to use it and to post the screenie.hope it will help.anayway tks a lotpeter

sorry for delay, but got to learn ti install, post and send screenies.got progr. today and send imm.hope you get an impr. and it helps.tks anyway and regds