Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Inconsistent US East Coast timezone behavior

With the change to standard time, I've noticed that some, but not all, of my EST cities have incorrect time when I load a flight. The problem appears to be in the northeast. For example, KALB, KBOS, and the NYC airports are all 1 hour ahead of where they should be. But KSYR, KBUF, KDCA, and KMIA all have the correct local time. For all these airports, ZULU time is shown as the same. So it appears that for some EST locations, the sim is seeing DST still in effect.Anyone else seeing this? And any thoughts on how to fix? I reset my machine's internal clock, but that made no difference. It is set for PST, where it is located.BTW, sometimes it is random. I'm pretty sure KJFK was ok when I first went there, then I changed to LaGuardia and it was an hour off, then I went back to KJFK and it was now an hour off. Other than this one instance, however, the inaccuracies have been consistent. I am not using any saved flights, which I understand has been a cause of this type of problem.Robert

Search for these files in the library:tz30.ziptz22-tz30update2.ziptz22-tz30update3.ziptz22-tz30update5.zipThese will for the most part fix the timezones for most of the planet in FS9/FSX.Unfortunately, the Standard/DST change over in FS9/FSX is hard-coded to the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in April like it was before GW.Bush changed it a few years back, so FS will always be out for the first week of November and the last few weeks of March and early April.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Devin, thanks for explaining what's going on. I guess I never flew before during those weeks where this problem manifests itself. I'll be patient and wait for it to clear up, and in the meantime make whatever manual adjustments I need to start my flights when I want them to start. In the meantime, I'll check out these files too.Thanks,Robert