Sign in to follow this  
Dont Sink

ATI 6970 Eyefinity Tripple Monitor configuration.

G'day fellow Aviators how are we? This is my first time on these kinds of forums and the first time I have got semi serious with my flight FSX. Before I go into the issues I am having I will let you guys know the specs on the PC I have recently acquired, they are as follows;-800w PSU & Card Reader-Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 MB LGA 1155, Intel Z68 Chipset Motherboard-2nd Generation Intel i7-2600 Core i7 QUAD Core 3.4 GHz, LGA 1155 CPU-ATI Radeon 6970 2 Gig-8GB DDR3 Elixer/GSKILL 1600MHz Dual Channel RAM-Display Port Adapter for AMD Eye Infinity for 3rd monitor-OS WIndows 7 Premium 64bitThe issues I am having with FSX are as follows-The Virtual cockpit is way too big even when I zoom right out.-I have no 2D cockpit, just a black panel so to speak where the cockpit should b-The individual Instrument panel selections are big.-The mouse pointer is flickering like mad and there is that loading circle constantly around it.I brought this system from a guy who supposedly deals with Flight sim computers but he tells me he has no idea about the setup, geees thanks mate. Anyway, I have gone through several posts and I really have not found a solution nor was I able to do some of the things mentioned. I have read that some guys recommend changing the Wide View Aspect ratio to TRUE, but I dont know how to do that on WIN 7, the examples given I think are for VISTA? I also think 2D view on FSX is not possible anymore with a 3 monitor setup, is this true? I love my 2D view so I'm hoping there is a way to get it working.This is all I know at the moment guys, your experience wisdom will be greatly appreciated as I am desperate to get these issues solved. If there was a guy out there that specialized in these things I would even pay the guy to fix it for me, that's how frustrated I am at the moment. Anyway, enough of me carrying on, hope to hear from you guys.CheersDon't Sink

Guest jahman

Do all of this:

1. Go to the Gigabyte web site and make sure your MB is running the latest BIOS and system/hardware drivers,
  2. Enable Windows Update to update all your MSVC and .NET Runtimes,
  3. Defrag your HDDs,
  4. Apply Bojote's Tweaks (Replaces Shader 2.0 with Shader 3.0, this is absolutely critical for ATI/AMD video cards, or else your FPS will go throught the floor when in clouds!),
  5. Enable WideView
  6. Do some simming while you prepare to...
  7. OC your rig to 4.5 - 4.7 GHz (you'll get lots of help from others in this forum for this).

Cheers,- jahman.

As all above,The triple wide panel fixes can be found if you search the Avsim library, search for;"Triple wide panel fixes for default FSX aircraft .by George Trovato."Use this as a starting point, then the links above for more specific settings.Ron.