Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zevious Zoquis

FFS Vans RV-7 released - how is it?

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I can get to the website ok. You have to realize just because you can't get to the site doesn't mean that there must be a problem with the website. It may be a problem with your ISP, or a router between you and the website, or your browser and/or firewall settings, or maybe something else alltogether that has nothing to do with the website itself that you are trying to reach.Jim

Guest jason2112

I finally bought the RV-7, so I can answer my own question ;)Ordering, download, installation and registration worked without problems.After a few short flights with damage modelling turned off I can say that this plane is lots of fun! The plane is extremely agile, yet easy to control. I could not bring myself to fly straight and level for more than a few seconds, but did numerous loops and rolls instead.I'm not a real pilot, nor have I ever seen an RV-7 in real life, so I cannot comment on the realism of the flight model. It seems to be quite forgiving - it's hard to get into a stall, and very easy to recover.The exterior model and paint schemes are very nicely done. The 2D panel and VC both look a bit cartoonish to me, but the readability is good. I really like the view from the VC at 0.75x zoom, this is a great plane for sight seeing ...I tried the RV-7 at Sitka, Alaska on my AthlonXP 2400+ and had totally fluid 20 FPS.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Volker,Happy you like her man. Make sure you read the manual, lots of stuff behind the scene.BTW, there is one review up already, at SAVAS, if you are interested, go to http://www.savas.co.za/nreview.php

Guest jason2112

I have downloaded the manual before I made my decision to buy this plane, it greatly helped my decision a lot! This is really one of the best manuals that I have ever seen for an FS addon.Now I'll have some more fun in the RV-7 before going to bed ;)VOlker :]

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Volker,Thanks about the manual comments, man, nice to see people out there like it ;)

Guest jason2112

> I think this is just the way these aircrafts' panels looks like> pretty simple instrumentation and pretty 'flat' look in general. ;)It's a nice panel, and I just saw the small shadow on one of the gauge hands - great idea! What I would have liked is a bit more detail in the textures. They look a bit sterile compared to photo-realistic panels. But in the end it's a design decision to use either photos, hand-drawn or rendered graphics.VOlker :]

Hey Volker! SAVAS has a review up at http://www.savas.co.za/nreview.phpThere is a comparison of our panel to a shot of a real one. Like Etti said, most homebuilt panels are really pretty boring. But like you said, it does come down to personal preferance.

>I think this is just the way these>aircrafts' panels looks like - pretty simple instrumentation>and pretty 'flat' look in general. ;)>Being an RV6A builder myself, the panels in RV's range from simple to "mini" airliners with dual axis auto-pilot, gps coupling, full IFR, etc. This pic is mine, which has the Van's gauges that are duplicated in the model. My panel is VFR day & night, but has space for a Garmin 430 along with a heated pitot tube for future IFR.RV6A 180 HP Lycoming/Hartzell Constant Speed prop.edit----I should also mention, that as the panels & upolstery get fancier, such as fine leather everywhere; the weight also goes up & you can really feel the differences in performance. Same goes for constant speed verus fixed prop. But when it comes to props, the fixed & C/S both have advantages/disavantages. But I prefer C/S 10 to 1 :)

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi All,Here's a little info I where I just learned about what seems like a pretty cool function of this plane through a little dialog I had with Matt and Fabio on their Technical Support forum. Question about RV-7 Livery Installation

Guest vertical

Well I am bummed, doesnt look like I will be able to purchase this product, I'm having no success with 3 different systems to access the website!!

You'll be given access to the download as soon as the credit card is confirmed, which should be almost instantly. ;-)