Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Radio Tuning question

Is there any way to eliminate Radar Contacts need to have the comm frequency tuned? What I mean by this is at all. I know there is the option to tell it not to auto-tune, but it still waits for the user to then tune in the frequency. Normally either of these is fine, but it conflicts with something else I'm running and can't have the comms change at all.Thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

RC4 has its own fixed tables of frequencies not pulled from your current scenery. If these frequencies differ with another application then you may not hear what is going on. In addition tuning slowly when you busy might cause you to miss a waypoint credit by a delayed ack as you get near a waypoint.The frequencies used are modifiable but not stick between sessions. RC only uses comm1 sio maybe your other app can use comm2.What applications are conflicting? Other users might have a solution for you.

Thanks Ron,Comm2 isn't a possible option I'm afraid. I just wondered if there was a way to disable the need to have it tuned. If there was a way to tell RC to not pay attention to the frequency then there would be no need to worry about other apps. I understand completely how RC works, it's just that it really doesn't need a frequency tuned at all. It isn't set to automatically start talking once this is done, but rather after the person contacts them by pressing the appropriate button. In other words, if I manually tune in com1 for gnd, nothing happens until I choose to contact them. This is good, but that also shows that it isn't an option that is a must have so hence the question. I was just wondering if it were something I could open and edit out (ex. Set to false or similar). Having it as option in the gui would have been nice but it also isn't something that is needed outside of this one instance I guess, other than it would eliminate the need for people to have to disable "Voice" in their sound settings when using RC I suppose. Some of us use both depending on the flight (although I rarely use default personally, if at all). Having an option to ignore Com1 would just make another option for these people.Thanks again.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I think RC reads the frequency. When you choose ack and contact it tunes the radio for the contact from your current frequency.There are some people who do this manually.Have you tried manual tuning?

Thanks Ron. I think I failed to make my point.In any case, thanks. Radar contact reads the frequencies dialed in as a trigger I guess. This is how us RC users prefer it of course and wouldn't want that changed. I was just wondering if it could somehow be bypassed but see now it cannot.

Dan Prunier