Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rickie Welsh

737ngx 6-7-8-9

Hi everyone, Until recently I was using the Collins MCP and I found discrepancies in the time between the FS clock and the aircraft clock and the ETA time on the ND and I was not too pleased with the back lighting on the Lnav and Vnav switches. Last night I selected an aircraft, noted the tail no. and selected Fixed Config which came up with the Honeywell MCP. Right away I noticed a big improvement with the back lighting on the Vnav and Lnav (similar to the old FS9 737) and strange as it might seem the FS clock, aircraft clock and the ETA on the ND were all synchronized. I think I will stick with the Honeywell for the time being. Anyone else noticed a similar situation. richard welsh.

Richard Welsh

Firstly you can switch between Collins and Honeywell MCP using AFCS equipment options in the FMC CDU. You don't need to load a different config. Secondly the backlighting on the two MCPs is different in real life so it's not surprising they look different in the sim (the FS9 NG simulated the Honeywell version). I can't say I've noticed any clock discrepancies with either MCP, and I don't see why the MCP type should affect the relationship between the FMC and the chronometers (which should get their time from the FMC anyway, IIRC). So it may be loading a new config fixed that problem for you, rather than changing the MCP.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Kevin, I understand the logic of your reply, I was just pointing out that the scenario of the Honeywell seemed to have the qualities I was looking for inside the cockpit. Thanks for your reply. richard welsh.

Richard Welsh

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now