Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Zooming to Trim Indicator causes hole to appear through cockpit to ground?

When zooming closer to view tthe trim indicator. a hole developes through the floor of the cockpit to reveal the ground below. This hole disappears if you zoom in further or zoom back out. As you can see in the attachment it occurs at zoom 3.00.Has anyone any ideas? Is this a possible bug?Thanks in advanceFurther to the above, if you zoom to 3.00 and look down towards the checklist on the yoke this hole will appear. If you pan around the hole seems to follow the view as you rotate. It definately goes through to the ground as I can see the taxi markings under the aircraft! It is only at that zoom level and occurs in all views

Edited by Dicko

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

It is a FS limit, when zooming to each wall, or object, if the visual is to close to it, you will pass the texture, and behind them there is nothing.You will find the same thing on wing view.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

It is a FS limit, when zooming to each wall, or object, if the visual is to close to it, you will pass the texture, and behind them there is nothing.You will find the same thing on wing view.
Hi Andrea,Funny thing is it seems only to affect a strip of textures Try zooming to 3.00 in the cockpit and look down.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I haven`t used the facility yet but I believe EZDok has a setting to limit the field of view. So when you reach an extreme, zoom out a little then lock it on. From then on you can only zoom to that level. Also, you can do this on any camera view.Steve

Hi Andrea,Funny thing is it seems only to affect a strip of textures Try zooming to 3.00 in the cockpit and look down.
It depends on the distance of te view from the walls or objects.Is the same with other planes and same in external views if you get close to buildings, planes or other 3d objects.It is something I hate, as for the rain effect that draw a circle around you where there is no rain, try to get inside the virtual cabin with rain... you will see that rain enters also in the cabin.FSX limit.

Regards

Andrea Daviero