Sign in to follow this  
MO-Airlines

Fuel problems

Hi there,Got this problem since a week now, tried to solve it but i don't know how..The problem: After T/O, fuel level is rising in fuel tank 1 while tank 2 is not changing fuel level and the centre fuel tank is decreasing. This is not always strange but in this case: The fuel pump 1, 2 and centre are all on, and crossfeed is off! Normally, like any week before this week, fuel won't go from centre tank to tank 1 while all fuel pumps are on and the crossfeed is off!The first time this was happening I didn't even realise until I got the fuel inbalanced warning and I eventually made an emergency landing because I tought I had a fuel leak...! Thinking.gifAnyone got a fix or am I doing something very stupid and wrong which I didn't notice?Thanks in advance,MO-Airlines

si.php?name=Marcel&prefix=&surname=Onderdelinden

The only wrong thing you did is that you have not fully filled the wings before loading fuel on the center tank.Then, you are now with less than 2000Kgs of fuel in the wing, and the fuel scavenge jet pump is loading your left wing with center tank fuel.It is a bug, not a bug about how it works, but only a bug of how much it transfer. However, you must fill the wings and use center tank fuel BEFORE using the fuel in the wings.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I have the same problem.The wings tanks are both full. The center tank is with 430 kgs of fuel and both pums are off.

The 430 kgs in the ctr tank will slowly disapear when the wing fuel is below 2000 kgs because a little pump pumps it over to the left wingtank. However as long as your wings are full you shouldn't notice this and only the center fuel will decrease until you switch the pums off at 500 kgs / 1000 lbs