Sign in to follow this  
Engjell Berisha

FS9 Trouble Loading Textures

Ok, so recently my flight simulator has started to have great trouble loading ground textures and now even the textures of the aircraft. I've never experienced this before. I will start a flight and for the first 30 minutes or so everything will be fine but often when I get to altitude for cruise the simulator will have great trouble in loading ground textures, and then it will get worse and worse and then ultimately it won't even be able to load aircraft textures. Everything beings slowly to lose detail and at the end I lose all lights at night and all city or airport lighting. I haven't installed anything recently and consider myself particularly well knowledgeable about the inner workings of the simulator but I haven't the slightest clue as to what could be causing this.It happens everywhere, any time - it is pronounced at dawn and dusk -, and in any aircraft. I've tried messing with my settings, refreshing all my textures for corrupt files but nothing. I thought that this would be the form that an answer would come from. I hope someone has experienced this and can direct me to a solution that doesn't involve reinstalling my entire flight simulator.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

This seems to be an all too common problem and people have presented different suppositions as to the cause(s).Perhaps before anything else, and certainly before re-installing or even deleting the fsx.cfg file, you could try going into the Options-Settings Pages and clicking on Reset Defaults on every tab. Then, fly again and see if you still get memory exhaustion.There is a very long thread at the moment in the general FS X forum on memory exhaustion and if you have the patience you could take a look at that although no solutions are proposed. But, there is at least one interesting idea there, and that is to use the Sysinternals (Microsoft) Processor Explorer to monitor your Virtual Address Space use.Best regards.Luis