Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Very subtle blended background lines showing on monitor

Very hard to describe, but there are faint wavy lines that look like they move up and down horizontally, and mostly noticeable in the darker areas of the screen (i.e. looking at the ground), but still can be seen slightly in the lighter areas of the image. I was thinking scan lines but I really don't know. I have vsync forced on and have tried 2 different nvidia drivers for my gtx570 card. Anyone have any idea what this might be?Maybe my monitor is going south? It is a HannSpree 26 or 27 inch. It is about 4 years old. I tried searching on the web, but could not find any info. The lines from what I can see are maybe 1/2 wide or so but hard to tell. Very subtle but becomes annoying after awhile. They move rather slowly but are continuous.RegardsBob

Yep, that is almost certainly the case. I purchased a 19" monitor a few months ago, but I didn't notice that it only has a VGA connector. I noticed those same "interference" lines on the screen when the display was dark. Fortunately, they appear to be very faint on my PC, so I can just about get away with it. To be honest, I am surprised that any monitors are sold these days without a DVI connector. Even more puzzling, the 17" version of the same monitor has VGA and DVI connectors. Go figure Thinking.gif

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,I read the thread, thanks for the link. This is exactly what I am experiencing. I share the monitor, keyboard and mouse with 2 computers and the switch is VGA. I will give it a try tomorrow. I wonder if they make a switch that uses dvi?Hate to have to plug in and out as I am on these 2 computers left and right all day. I thank you all so much for chiming in on this one. I was losing hope.My card is a GTX 570 and has the DVI out but the monitor input is HDMI. I would assume there may be a DVI to HDMI cable. If so, and my problem is the vga cable, will DVI to HDMI work the same as DVI to DVI?Bob

Hi Bob,yes, I have GTX 570 and the supplied cable was DVI to HDMI, can be bought at any computer/electronics shop.Ron.

Thanks Ron!!I've been searching through my miles of cables but don't have one, so off to find one. I usually go to best buy, but the last cable I bought (usb extenision 6ft), I had to pay $29 for it. Man, they really are overpriced on their cables.Bob