Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

Closed Runway for landing... AI still landing on it! (FS9)

Hi,I recently made some own updates to a payware scenery I own, EKCH by Scansim.When the 22 flow is used: Rwy 22R is used for takeoff, Rwy 22L is landing. (04 flow: 04R takeoff, 04L landing) post-117446-0-00425800-1321711547_thumb.gifI have made four separate AFCADs to use with the different flows, and for the 22 flow, I have set 22R to CLOSED for landing, but open for takeoff, and vice versa on 22L.But still the dang AI sometimes land on 22R... I thought that it was possible to direct the traffic as to runways for takeoff and landing, as long as it was in one direction (ie. if I made the same thing for Rwys 04R and L in the same AFCAD, it wouldn´t work)But now it still doesn´t seem to work..Any ways to fix this??Kind regards,Johan

SOLVED...Apparently.. for some reason you have to untick the opposite Runway which is to be open for LANDING as well..For 22L to be used for landing ONLY, one must close 22R for landing (obviously) but also OPEN 04R (same rwy as 22L) for landing! AI won´t land on 04R, but only on 22L.

I think in general it is hard to close just one end for landing or takeoff. It might make a difference if you flip the runways (so it is 22/4 instead of 4/22). Making a runway takeoff or landing only (both ends) should normally work. Landing though is also influenced by ILS approach for IFR flight plans (ILS approach makes a runway preferred for landing).scott s..