Sign in to follow this  
vedus

PMDG ARIK AIR paint request

Hi Everyone and Paint Masters!For FS2004 (but maybe it could be interesting to develop liveries for both FS9/FSX..) I'd like to find somebody interested in painting a B747-400 AND a MD11 in Arik Air livery...I call for everyone's inspiration and talents to repaint both aircrafts in pax version, and also, an Arik Air Cargo fictional livery...!Waiting for you guys!Thanks in advance!Dave

Still looking for someone interested.I need a good painter who's willing to "invent" a little bit, rather than reproducing again and again the endless KLM B747/MD11...Let's go!

I'm the same way...I've always asked or looked for something different, new, and fictional, anything other than, the same old - same old. But this is how some of the new re painters learn how to do repaints, because it's simply cut and paste and some others just prefer to do what's called real world repaints or exact correct type aircraft repaints.There are some truly gifted artist in the sim world, but in order for them to do a certain type of scheme it has to be something that they themselves are interested in doing. Most times these artists will only post up repaints that they themselves choose to do.I learned how to make repaints and for the most part all are in some way a fictional type scheme, meaning it might be an American Eagle but not in the same scheme they are currently using or that same type aircraft they are currently using. With that being said, if you’re like me and would rather see fictional or "what if" type airlines you might try and learn to do those types of repaints on your own. I never thought I'd learn to do repaints myself, until I learned about 2 programs and 1 video on YouTube.All you need are these 3 things and you will learn how to start the basics of repainting. Now that I've learned how I do repaints I don't ask for anything, I just make it myself, because I know the chances I'll get someone to do it for me are slim and none. That's been my experience, especially on certain websites.Check this out...Program 1 Paint.net...cost..........FREE - use this software to paint the aircraft in questionProgram 2 DXTBmp...cost..........FREE - use this software to convert the texture into a file that paint.net can use.YouTube vid...............................FREE - use this video to learn how to use both the software programs together.Links to all......... Paint.net http://www.getpaint.net/ DXTBmp http://www.softpedia...rs/DXTBmp.shtml The vid

You'll find that you'll learn this a lot quicker than you think... and you got a better chance of learning how to do repainting, before you can get someone to actually do the repaints you want.Not trying to be rude, but there are so many "what if's" on my plate right now, theres no way I could get anyone to do all the ones I'd like to have done.Take a chance, use those programs and the video... you could be well on your way to doin it the way YOU WANT !!Good luck...CheersAri

Ari,Thanks a lot for your reply.This forum is a nice idea theoretically, but is not that helpful in the end.Don't worry you're not rude at all, and in fact your word is probably the starter of a new option to me, as I'm also considering creating my own repaints myself.I'm not finding what I'm looking for, and it's time to try a new way...Anyway, thanks a lot for your links, and if yourself have some good liveries to share, I'd be glad to take a look ;-)Cheers,Dave