Sign in to follow this  
1322i899flint206

Having Some serous issues with the 747 8i

Currently purchased 3 aircraft from PMDG 747 400, 747 8i, and MD 11. The only one I have flown without any serous errors is the 747 400. The Strange issues Im seeing with the 747 8i....The MD 11 is a seprate can of worms not for this thread.1st try with the 747 8i started the engines........the engines were on fire and smoking. No alarms LOL Yesterday: I set up a flight for KJFK to Washing ton DC. I set up the FMC and went through the check list. When the egines were fired up I noticed the 1st strange issue. I went to set my flaps to 20 degress, the flap lever appeared not to work. Although the glass cockpit display showed they were going up and down. Esternal View stated, they showed working.!? I taxied to 4R for take off. Take off, V1 VR V2 off I went. I noticed a speed issue almost instantly. Alarms went off.....crash. Today: I attempted the same flight again. I went through the check list and set up the FMC, with allot of care. The 1st thing I noticed, after engine start, the Engine MDF display did not seem to show the engines were even on!? I adjusted the throttle to see is any changed nothing. The display indicated that the engines were completly off. WEEEEIRD So I taxied out to 4R. No errors on the MDF, everything set for take off. Then Take off. 1st the ATC comuncations stoped working. A million errors came on the MDF. Then Aircraft pitched up about 6000 vs, and went strait up. I attempted to set the auto pilot. The only thing it did is made the aircraft completly out of control. It basicly shot up to FL 13, completly out of control. Something is really wrong with this addon or my settings. Not sure.I've logged probably around 400 hours on FSX. I've flown all of the planes in simulator and add on planes like the captian 727, DC10 and the 747 300. There has to be something weird going on with this. Ive never seen this sort of thing before. Im kind of disapointed, and need some trouble shooting advice. Seems like a really nice addon, but I really dont think its working correctly. Whats weird is flown the 747 400, from PMDG with no issues really.

Are you loading a saved flight, Switching from another Add On aircraft to the 747-8 or do you have a Non Default aircraft set to load as your Default Flight? Any of these items can cause the type of behavior you describe.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg