Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Overriding the AIRAC for a dodgy ILS?

As we all know some of the FSX airports are now out of date when it comes to ILS frequencies and runway headings. I've just had a nasty experience at Phuket where the aircraft was tracking a 'centreline' about 5 degrees off from the FSX scenery. Short of an airport editor which I don't have, is there a way round this?

I had the same problem. You're best bet (if you don't want to spend money) is to go on flightsim.com and lookup the airport, but not always will there be a freeware out there (or sometimes payware at all!) like in your Phuket case.

The topic of the thread is misleading. You do not overide the AIRAC which is for the FMC. The thing you fix is called an AFCAD which contains the Airport Scenery in FSX. If you mean PHUKET as in VTSP I guess that is not a popular destination cause I checked 3 different places and nobody had an updated AFCAD. (AVSIM, FlightSim, Simviation).However if Thailand is one of your destinations of choice the ARMI Project VTBS scenery is awesome. It is one of the best sceneries I have ever purchased. Not only did they model the outside of the airport they modeled the whole interior too, and the Architecture of this airport is amazing. Flying a helicopter through there or using ORBX Bob to walk around inside is incredible. Not something you see every day. Do note that default FSX does not have this airport it just has the old one VTBD. You definately get the max for your money on this scenery.http://secure.simmar...-fsx-2010.phtml