Sign in to follow this  
Habejom

Small radius of sharp textures

Hi guys, good day to all.I'm having an issue I'd love to get help with:I have noticed that my textures look blurry and out of focus except for a small radius under the plane.How can I increase that radius, so that distant ground looks better?As an experiment, I tried temporarily sliding all terrain settings to max, but that didn't help, so I'm wondering about other settings/tweaks/parameters I can try for that specific problem (something in the fsx.cfg perhaps?). Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Please do not double post topics. Only open one thread at a time. Double posting just confuses people. I assume you are using the thread you started on the PMDG forum about this?Aaron G.

Right. It isn't that important anyways, I can live with the issue. Not worth it. Please disregard both threads. Thanks for your time.

Please do not double post topics. Only open one thread at a time. Double posting just confuses people. I assume you are using the thread you started on the PMDG forum about this?Aaron G.
Hi Aaron, I just went to that PMDG thread you mentioned and you told the poster his question should have been asked in the FSX forum. So he did and you jump on him telling him not to double post. huh?Since I don't have any PMDG products I'm glad he did post over here as I would have liked to see the ensuing discussion. But since you effectively shutdown any discussion on the topic in this forum I found my answer in the PMDG forum.

Hi Aaron, I just went to that PMDG thread you mentioned and you told the poster his question should have been asked in the FSX forum. So he did and you jump on him telling him not to double post. huh?Since I don't have any PMDG products I'm glad he did post over here as I would have liked to see the ensuing discussion. But since you effectively shutdown any discussion on the topic in this forum I found my answer in the PMDG forum.
I see your point. He created a thread in the PMDG forums after he created this thread. I thought the PMDG was the primary one.

OK, here is the answer:Increase the value of LOD_Radius in the FSX.cfg fileTry 5.5 first.Be aware that FSX will reset this value to 4.5 if you make any in-flight changes to the Display Settings.

Bert