Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deeks

B-17 flying fortress compatible with win 2000?

I want to get the B-17 sim from Hasbro. It's a bit dated, but the reviews won me over. It was produced almost two years ago. O/s requirements were stated as win 98/me. I wonder if running it under win 2000 pro will create problems.Would appreciate your input.Eytan Ornstein

Guest Deeks

If you mean B-17 II I have it and recently loaded it up in XP Pro and it ran ok with a Radeon 8500 retail card & DX 8.1. It's interesting but it takes a lot of time to play but it's still great fun to be the ball-turret gunner :). You also have to get the latest patch for it. The flight dynamics are not the greatest but it still pure fun to shot elements of your bomber wing down when things get boring :-)EnjoyDeeks

Deeks,Any idea where to get the patch? Hasbro has no trace of this sim. I guess they left any kind of support to somebody else. Who exactly?Eytan

Guest Deeks

B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th was developed by Microprose and published (bought out) by Hasbro. You can find the patch at most game sites. There was a 1.0 patch and a 2.0 patch. I think the 2.0 patch contained all the fixes (approx 26Meg D/L). Anyway a firm link is this one:http://www.gamesdomain.com/patches/b/3464.htmlEnjoyDeeks

Guest GalacticCowboy

Visit www.bombs-away.net - they've got the patches as well as utilities, skins, nose art and an active forum.

The only problem is- only Amazon.com sells it, but they won't distribute outside of the U.S.(I'm in the Middle East).BUMMER!Any ideas on who else sells it?Eytan