Sign in to follow this  
THRUSTER57

Auto Rudder

Hello,i am now using my fc2004 more and more seems more real?Can anyone tell me how to make the auto rudder work like it does in FSX when in fsx i just sort the plane out ready for take off or taxi and everytime no matter where the plane is it always runs straight and steers with my CH yoke perfectly (i dont have peddles) with the auto rudder box ticked?,, But in fs2004 with the auto rudder also ticked i still have to fiddle with the rudder to make it run down the runway straight and its all over the place? can you help please.Thanks as always...james.

Yo may want to fiddle with your "null zones" of the joystick. A larger null zone will cause it to centre well but on the other hand it won't respond to fine movement immediately. Its a matter of taste.Another thing to bear in mind is that crosswinds will affect you, it may be worth trying with weather turned off and zero wind.I can't compare with FSX but it certainly is possible to get it set up reasonably in FS2004.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org