Sign in to follow this  
mpl330

New install - cant find the answer!

Hi,Just swapping over from FS9 to FSX and have followed the guide from NickN but also used the FSX.cfg tool from ******* but I seem to be reading conflicting views for setting AA...Nick says use Nvidia Inspector and turn off AA in FSX but I read a post from ******* saying you don't need NVInspector anymore and just turn AA on in FSX - what's the current thinking on this?Also, I have the PC running great (5 secs from power button to in win7) following Nicks guide but with only base FSX installed and Acceleration I seem to be getting a few stutters even when flying the default microlight, this is with the FSX config file from *******, any pointers?PC config is:I5-2500K - still on stock until I move to overclock it8gb RAM2 x SSD (1 for Win7 64bit) the other dedicated for FSXGTX580 3072mb memoryMany thanksMike

Hi,Just swapping over from FS9 to FSX and have followed the guide from NickN but also used the FSX.cfg tool from ******* but I seem to be reading conflicting views for setting AA...Nick says use Nvidia Inspector and turn off AA in FSX but I read a post from ******* saying you don't need NVInspector anymore and just turn AA on in FSX - what's the current thinking on this?Also, I have the PC running great (5 secs from power button to in win7) following Nicks guide but with only base FSX installed and Acceleration I seem to be getting a few stutters even when flying the default microlight, this is with the FSX config file from *******, any pointers?PC config is:I5-2500K - still on stock until I move to overclock it8gb RAM2 x SSD (1 for Win7 64bit) the other dedicated for FSXGTX580 3072mb memoryMany thanksMike
If you want good looking FSAA use nVidia Inspector. These are my settings (actually Orbx's Venema's settings), but everyone has their own... happy.png961nVidia_Inspector_setti.jpgAbout the stutters: don't think about getting rid of stutters before overclocking the CPU. I know NickN says to get things working well before overclocking but that's odd advice because you won't be able to get FSX running anything close to nice without overclocking that i5 2500K. But even then you might have microstutters if you have vsync on. You'll get used to them after some time...

Ok thats great thanks - so does NVInspector actually need to be running for the settings to be taking effect? I thought it's a set once and never worry again?In summary I therefore need to:a) Get my overclock sortedb ) Set NVInspc) Turn off AA in FSXd) What do I set filtering to?Many thanks againMike

Yes, set and forget. BTW In the picture the settings are applied to the global settings, but I personally apply the settings to a newly created preset for FSX.If you set filtering as in my screenshot, set it to trilinear in FSX.