Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lord Zap

Captain Sim's Legendary 727

Guest Hanse_1

Hi!I wonder what experience you have of Captain Sim's Legendary 727with regard to impact on framerates?I intend to buy it and use it for both my FS2002 and FS9.My setup: P4 2.53 gHz, 1 Gig RAM and a GF 4 4200 Ti.Grateful for your experience and advice.....Thanks!Hans HermanssonSweden

Guest crashing_pilot

hi,AMD1800 xp,256mb ram,and the same GF4 ti4200 and it performs well on my system,on average 15-20 fps,with the sliders fairly high :-)nice panel,nice models,i'm really happy that i took the plunge and bought it,makes a nice break from DC8's.in conclusion:buy it,fly it,be happy with it.

Yep, its a very nice plane. Got it this week, as I started to like the 727, and usually switch between the CaptainSim 727 and my freeware custom-merged 727. The CaptainSim 727 has been improved lately and is now at Version 1.5.Please note two things though: 1. The gauges in 2D can be a bit small (although there is an optional digital readout available for the most important gauges), so make sure you run at least a 1280 resolution and upwards. You have nearly the same spec as me (I own a P4 2.4 and slightly less ram), and it is running absolutely fabulous at a higher resolution. 2. Prior to actually getting it I recommend you download an excellent CS727 tutorial available here at avsim: cs27tutorialfs9.zip. It will acquaint you with most of the systems and some peculiarities of the CaptainSim 727.Hope this helps,celticmatrix

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all,Yes, by all means, buy the 727 . . . you'll like it. One of the best FS addon's I have run across. The only item I can fault, and it is easialy fixed with a small .cfg change is a bit of nose down in cruise and approach, but other than that, again, one of the best FS addon's of all time.Best,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@ aol.com ...... PS I have the .cfg changes if you want them.

Guest Xtra

I use the boxed version of Captain Sim's 727, and compare it to that of Flight1's DC9: Professional product on frame rates. In that, although the both aircraft are complex in their own right, they are not overly so, and both yield excellent frame rates.Your P4/Ti4200 rig should run it without qualm.

Guest Hanse_1

Hi Clay!I hope you are fine, and thanks for reply.Just curious; how then do you fix the nose down pitchin the cfg.file?I realize it's a fine addon, but would like to feel reallyconvinced.Grateful for further advice........Thanks again!Hans HermanssonSWEDEN

I too am considering purchasing the Captain Sim 727, with such positive feedback by you guys, I'll purchase it today.

Guest panda234

I've had it for a while--it was my first payware anything, and I still love it. Too many liveries to get bored. Great on framerates, nice model, nice panels, what more can you say. 100% thumbs up...billg

Guest Lord Zap

The CS 727 is a real beauty...it has a few niggles but along with PMDG's bird I rate it as the best passenger jets available for FS imo. Great old fashioned steam gauge navigation for when you're tired of glass cockpits ;)I recommend it...and framerates are very good, much better than other planes in it's class and complexity I find...CheersDave