Sign in to follow this  

Would someone please help me with two issues that I believe could be related and perhaps part of a motherboard problem?First, I have sound issues best described as the volume reducing from whatever I have it set to, to very low- almost inaudible level and then back up to normal. Much like cutting in and out but reallydoesn't go all of the way off, just almost all of the way down. It is very intermittent and I cannot tie it to any specific cause. This may not occur for days and then frequent for a while. There just is no real pattern to it and it has been going on long enough that I have paid close attention to any keys as to what might be the trigger but no luck.The other issue is the usb ports scrambling the GoFlight modules (I have several modules and they are all connected to powered hubs.) I will often get a notice when starting the computer that, "The USB hubs can run faster when connected to a 2.0 or higher....." but while the message is intermiitent, I have not made any changes to cause it to notice and react to anything that I have done. It is now occuring so often that it will sometimes freeze FSX and show the message as well as the sound of usb ports being recognized multiple times. When I look at the task manager it shows CPU usage at 100%I am running Windows 7 64, the motherboard is an ASUS P6X58D-E and Intel I7 920, NVIDIA Geoforce GTX 580 and can provider any other data that would be helpful. Not being very computer knowledgeble, I'm not sure what further information is needed but will certainly provide and appreciate any thoughts on what the problem(s) might be.Regards,Mark K

appreciate any thoughts on what the problem(s) might be.
Power source to USB hub / USB hub.For sound are you running off a sound card or off the motherboard.?Speakers or headset?