Sign in to follow this  
erypro

A couple of things regarding winds and FD

I'm often experiencing a weird behavior regarding wind/speed and aircraft stability.From the attached picture we can read: TRK 199, wind is 064 / 7 (hence there should be tail component)but the GS shown (431) is less than TAS (443). Under these conditions, the airplane tendsto "dance the walz" side to side.In the second picture, as you can see, the right FD light is off, though the switch is on.The behaviour is: the second FD you turn on, its light is off.I took the picture while in crz with the a/p on and fully working.Note: the right/second FD light is on after landing.Well, thanks for any help / suggestions / fixes and expecially for understanding (I hope)my poor english.Last but not least: you did a really great work, guys: keep it rockin'!Erasmo

I saw the wind problem on another vendor's 737. I believe it was related to FSUIPC because I cleared the weather and the ND started reporting the proper ground speed based on TAS and wind.

Gents this is one a of a few items where we print what FSX provides. FSX giveth and FSX taketh away...

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Do you mean the FD master light? In your screenshot it is not illuminated because A/P A is engaged and thus the left FD is master. Switch over to A/P B and you will see that the right FD becomes the master with its respective light illuminated. The light does not indicate if any FD is turned on or not. As far as I understand it the master light (the caption is MA) indicates which FD commands the autopilot is currently following.

well, this is the very first time that happens to me to have GS < TAS with tailwindsand indeed I like to fly with "real" weather, but I think I can deal with itby disabling the weather engine during cruise.I've also learned something new about the FD,so thanks a lot for your precious replies.