Sign in to follow this  
ridge57

FS2 Crew Default 737 Product Capabilities ?

Hello,I've watched the videos and read through the manual and I still can't determine if I'm doing something wrong, saying the command wrong or if I'm trying to do something that the software will not do.After completing the After Takeoff checklist and before the Descent checklist, if I want to make heading, speed or altitude changes, should I be able to say "HEADING 180" and the FO make the change in heading for me, or do I still have to physically click the heading bug and change it myself ? The same holds true for "ALTITUDE FL330". Should I be able to speak the command and have the FO execute the command or do I have to physically make the change myself. When I do something like that, he will say "ALTITUDE 330, CHECK" as if he verifying that I made the change but it never happens automatically.Also, is there a detailed Engine Start Procedure Checklist available ? I've read in the various checklists to move the throttle levers to the "idle detent" once N2 is at 20% but I cannot find the idle detent and it's like the rpm hangs at 4% and never goes above that.Thanks,Lee

Hi Lee, Please re-check the manual regarding the autopilot. If the Autopilot is "off", then the FO will set the autopilot as per your command. If the Autopilot is "on", then you as the PF set the autopilot, but you can still make a verification call. Idle detent: there are two fuel levers at the base of the throttle quadrant. At around 20 percent N2, move the fuel levers to top position (there are only two positions, run and off).

Yes, thank you very much. I do recall seeing that about the Autopilot set the PF must make the changes and without AP set, the FO would make them.I found those throttle levers and it started up like a dream.Many Thanks and have a Merry Christmas !!!Lee