Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

HIDMacros and 737 NGX PMDG trouble

Hi to all guys, I'm using HIDMacros, a very useful tool, to assing key sequence in NGX to a 2nd keyboard, but I'm having many troubles with 737 NGX, while with others aircrafts works well. I'm using also EZCA, but I suppose this is not a problem.Seems like HIDMacros doesn't send (but most probably PMDG doesn't recognize) CTRL, SHIFT, ALT or sequnce of CTRL+ALT etc etc operator to 737 PMDG NGX, but only the single letter, e.g.:If I set in PMDG CDU: LANDING LIGHT with CTRL+L (as deafult) sequence and write in HIDmacros the sequence ^l (stand for CTRL+L) nothing happens, but if I set in PMDG: LANDING LIGHT with only L key and set in HID Macros the sequence l it works great, why?I don't think EZCA could conflict with this sequence, infact CTRL+L moves my sight to overhead panel in the lights panel, and If I push CTRL+L (in my default 1st keyboard) the sequence is accepted without problem and landing lights are on/off and EZCA moves correcty to overhead panel lights area.I tryed to change the sequence, and put CTRL (or ALT or SHIFT or combination) + "any other key" with no success. As said before seems like PMDG doesn't recognize CTRL, ALT or SHIFT key.Any solution?Many thanks in advance.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hi RicardoI try the same tests as you and have the same results ...HIDmacros is working well, you can see the cursor changing when you press a key on your second keyboard ...I dont knwow why it dont work as you have well assigned the key in the CDU ...Michel

Michel Veréb

Hi Mike and thanks for reply...the very strange thing is that PMDG accept single key command as a,b,c etc etc but not combination of CTRç+ or ALT+ or SHIFT+an key!There must be a reason, it seems impossible!Is it necessary maybe to program a script in LUA? is it possible with HIDMacros?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hi Mike and thanks for reply...the very strange thing is that PMDG accept single key command as a,b,c etc etc but not combination of CTRç+ or ALT+ or SHIFT+an key!There must be a reason, it seems impossible!Is it necessary maybe to program a script in LUA? is it possible with HIDMacros?
HiThis isn't quite right because I use the CTRL + L and the external main lights go on. Obviously just on my main k/board. I don't use a second k/board.Thx IanEdit: Oops sorry misread the top part of your entry. Sorry

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Yes ICMC, also for me CTRL+L on my first keyboard, is the combination in HIDMacros that doesn't work, only for 737 NGX!!!! very strange!I wish someone would explain why.

Riccardo

needs to be in ()you have that?so(^L)in your hidmacros.xml would show:<Sequence>(^L)</Sequence>2cts (if that was the problem)

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10