Sign in to follow this  

The one and only Prepar3D EULA topic!

There is no definition in there as to what constitutes personal / consumer entertainment. (in fact, all this means is you will not find it on store shelves next to COD MW3)If I use it to practice IFR whilst I am the holder of a PPL does that constitute 'entertainment'?You are getting way too hung up on all this as John Nicol already pointed out (his wall also has a big hole in it where he keeps head-banging it) beacause of all this nonsense.....

Edited by GHarrall

Well, in short: maybe LM should indeed rewrite the EULA... :( I think that would be the best for everyone. it IS very confusing all in all, that can't be denied, having to pretend to be a developer... It simply is NOT what we are used to from big companies, who usually sue everyone that breaches one letter of a EULA, and I guess that's why some people don't trust it, no matter what Nicol may say.All this talk DOES make the future for P3D-users (by which I mean the people who simply use it for fun and as a sim at home) a bit uncertain... It wouldn't be nice if you'd spend a lot of dollars on fees and side by side licenses only to be blocked out in the end because of a sudden EULA change or something like that... Again, it's a territory no simmer has been on before and that makes it a bit hard for some.