Sign in to follow this  
Maximilian_Groeber

Very strange VC "disassembling"

Hi Folks!I'm just flying some miles west of Yakutsk (UEEE). Suddently, the cover of my right throttle lever guide grows all across the cockpit!This seems to be a "geographical" problem. I never hat this problem since yesterday descending into UEEE, coming from the east. And it occurs only at a certain altitude (roughly 30.000-34.000ft).Can anybody confirm this glitch? Or am I the only one? Well, I can live with that then...My system is a VAIO F13 Notebook (nVidia GeForce GT425M).Maximilian Gröber

Hi Maximillian,If I didn't know better, I would say these are Nvidia GDDR memory speed graphical artifacts, but you say they only appear at a specific point and altitude? Are you runnig the latest Nvidia drivers and are you overclocking it at all?I'm a bit of a sucker for an overclock and I see thse lines coming vertically out of the ground when I've overdone it a bit..I'm told by those who know over at Guru3d that these are caused by heavily overclocked GDDR RAM getting hot, but not being a coder/GPU expert I couldn't say if that's true or not..

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

There's a fix for this here in the forum but I dont remember what it is. Its been discussed a couple of times. I'll see if I can locate it.