Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard99_Photography

Get running some FSX addons (FsInn, ASE...) on a Linux OS

Hello guys,my current configuration is: a desktop PC where FSX is running & a laptop PC in a network, both running Windows 7.I would like to switch my laptop from W7 to Linux but I don't know if some addons like ASE, FsInn, FsCommander or others will run on it.For some reasons I woulod prefer running addons like those on a different PC where FSX is running.Anyone of you have already tried or know how to build that?Many thanks. I hope for a positive feedback.Bye.

Guest jahman

You would need to run the add-ons under a limux Windows emulator.I have no idea how good the emulators are.Edit (after Jim's post below): I would think you would be better-off with a dual-boot PC.Cheers,- jahman.

And for ASE the Windows emulator would need to be able to run .NET and be able to install 3 FSX SDKs to get SimConnect installed on the laptop.

Edit (after Jim's post below): I would think you would be better-off with a dual-boot PC.
Hello, negative, dual boot is not in my mind. I only have Linux on my notebook, no more Windows as main OS.One (more) solution would be using virtualbox but I cannot use my original OEM Vista license on that (based on my knowledge).So, it seems a pretty bad "cul de sac".Nobody tried Wine and ASE or others?Thanks. Bye.