Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jen

737 NGX Viewpoint question

Could someone be kind enough to explain how one is to disable the pilot head motion within FSX. It states in the Introduction that: (the Pilot head motion makes it difficult to operate certain buttons within the VC accurately. I just recently purchased the NGX and I have difficulty in the VC of clicking the applicable switches etc. in the VC mode. Anybody have a workaround for this or does the disabling of the pilot head motion within FSX take care of this?Regards,jack noulet

The easiest way i have found is to map the keystrokes in the fmc to the keyboard that way your not trying to find little clickspots while your moving around it makes flying Lots easier !!!!!

Good Idea Marty. Do you also know how to disable the pilot's head motion when in VC mode as per the 'Instruction' pdf ??Regards,jack noulet

In fsx.cfg I use:[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000MaxHeadAngle=0.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.000000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000In Cameras.CFG[CameraDefinition.002]MomentumEffect = NoI still get some head movement but they are very small.

Thanks Robert. I hate to touch the cfg files per PMDG's recommendations and I don't know why PMDG did not mention in their 'Introduction' pdf how to disable this function since they did write about it.Regards,jack noulet