Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NicoS

Gaming laptop received

Hi,After a lot of forum browsing, finally decided to "dump" my old Dell Inspiron 530 desktop and buy me a "gaming" laptop.There were different factors why I had to go for a laptop, though much against everyones advice. I`ll write down my specs here for anyone looking for a notebook which handles FSX pretty well.This was price/quality, my nr 1 choice:BTO X-Book 15M39 (BTO stands for "built-to-order")15,6 inch full led non-glarei7 2760QM processor (2.40Ghz [3.1Ghz Turbo], 6mb Cache, 8 threads)nVidia GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR58GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM128GB Corsair Performance Pro SSD drive (which runs OS and FSX)500 GB HD 7200rpm 16mb cacheWindows 7 Home Premium 64bitsAfter configuring Windows 7, and installing FSX + service packs + ASE + REX + most of Australian Orbx scenery and AI traffic + PMDG 737, and running Bojote`s FSX.cfg config tool, I must say I`m very happy with it.At the gate at YBBN with autogen at very dense, I get between 20 and 30 FPS. More important than those numbers are the fact that everything runs very smooth and those dreadful blurries are gone. Yesterday I flew over Brisbane city at 250kts, breaking every atc rule there is, but no blurry textures at all.Only thing I`m still in doubt about, is wether hyperthreading should be active or not. Could someone please share some advice about that?Kind regards,Stroman

Hi,After a lot of forum browsing, finally decided to "dump" my old Dell Inspiron 530 desktop and buy me a "gaming" laptop.There were different factors why I had to go for a laptop, though much against everyones advice. I`ll write down my specs here for anyone looking for a notebook which handles FSX pretty well.This was price/quality, my nr 1 choice:BTO X-Book 15M39 (BTO stands for "built-to-order")15,6 inch full led non-glarei7 2760QM processor (2.40Ghz [3.1Ghz Turbo], 6mb Cache, 8 threads)nVidia GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR58GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM128GB Corsair Performance Pro SSD drive (which runs OS and FSX)500 GB HD 7200rpm 16mb cacheWindows 7 Home Premium 64bitsAfter configuring Windows 7, and installing FSX + service packs + ASE + REX + most of Australian Orbx scenery and AI traffic + PMDG 737, and running Bojote`s FSX.cfg config tool, I must say I`m very happy with it.At the gate at YBBN with autogen at very dense, I get between 20 and 30 FPS. More important than those numbers are the fact that everything runs very smooth and those dreadful blurries are gone. Yesterday I flew over Brisbane city at 250kts, breaking every atc rule there is, but no blurry textures at all.Only thing I`m still in doubt about, is wether hyperthreading should be active or not. Could someone please share some advice about that?Kind regards,Stroman
Very powerful laptop indeed. That will run FSX nicely on moderate settings.