Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyler_J

A question on the MCP

Hey guys,Long time reader - first time poster. I have found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge.I have a little question regarding the MCP, specifically the LED indicating the selected speed. Sometimes when dialing in a lower speed I see a flashing 'A' in front of my speed. I have ran through the manuals, but can't seem to find reference to it. I don't doubt that it is in the manuals however I am having trouble searching as I have no clue how to describe it other than as I have done above. I assume it is a warning that I have dialed in a speed below stall speed, or that is risking a stall, however am not sure.Any insight would be appreciated.Apologies if this has been discussed or is obvious however I'm a little curious by this.Keep them flying high.Tyler Cardy

Operating Manual Volume 2. Pages 4.10.2 and 4.10.3 (186 & 187 in PDF)MCP Speed Condition SymbolsOverspeed or underspeed limiting symbol appears when commanded speed cannot be reached.Underspeed limiting (flashing character “A”)-minimum speedOverspeed limiting (flashing character “8”)-Vmo or Mmo limit-landing gear limit-flap limit.