Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KeithyGeorge

Questions ref Saitek Profligh, TRhrottle and rudder peddals

Sorry please change title toQuestions ref Saitek Proflight yoke, throttle and rudder pedalsHiI am considering buying the Saitek Pro Fligh Yoke System and the Saitek Pro rudder pedals.I intend to use them mainly for the PMDG NGX / MD-11 and was hoping some one could answer my questions..This is the kithttp://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468294http://www.amazon.co...xgy_vg_h__img_b1) Do I need to purchase FSUIPC to get the Yoke, Throttle and Pedlas working together or can I do it with the software provided by Saitek?2) I notice there is a mode changer (3 modes) on the Throttle, my question is does this mode also apply to the 6 buttons on the throttle quadrant? I.e. can the 6 buttons near the base of the unit be used as 18 different buttons by changing thru modes 1-3 from the throttle?3) I notice the throttle quadrant has 3 levers, Throttle, mixture and flaps. If I wish can I change the assignments for this so that they perform a different function?4) Can I change all buttons and levers to a assignment of my choice?5) I have a conern that I will not have enough buttons to assign all the functions I currently have assigned to my Saitek X52 Pro Joystick and throttle of which you get a lot of buttons and modes with.From what I can see it looks like you get less with the yoke, throttle and pedals.Is that true?ThanksKeithy

Guest jahman

You dont't need FSUIPC4, but many of us use FSUIPC4 explusively to assign and calibrate hardware. Additionally FSUIPC4 helps prevent the C3D.dll CTD, automatically assign hardware differently for different aircraft (with custom calibrations), weather smoothing and a whole host of additional goodies that make FSUIPC4 the Swiass Army Knife of FSX.If you get the bundle with WideFS you can run add-on programs like weather, AI, flight planning from a second PC over a network connection.Cheers,- jahman.