Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CavalierDuck

Virtavia / Alphasim DH Hornet for FS9

Hi guys,Being a Brit I'd like to have a British aircraft or two in my hangar for the race, as long as they are competitive, and I am contemplating getting the DH Hornet for FS9. I know at least a couple of you guys out there have it, I was wondering if I could get a few opinions / comments.The specs on the real aircraft suggest it should be up there with the P-51H and Do-335 for speed; does the FS model achieve these kinds of speeds? And how does it do for range?What is the VC like? I do most flying with TrackIR so that's quite important to me.I'd also welcome any comments about its general non-race flyability; I have always been a big fan of the Mosquito so I would probably do a lot of non-race flying in it as well.Thanks for any comments!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Nick , being a Brit, I am also a bit partial to our Warbirds . The Hornet is easily a match for the P-51H and Do-335 in performance . Indeed it is one of the "hot three" . It is good on range with about 650 - 700 nm at full race speed and can cover most "2 hr" legs comfortably . It`s quite a few years old now and the VC is not as striking as the latest A2A / Real Air / Bear Studios etc , but is pleasant enough . Does not port over to FSX too well with some texture issues ( props etc) but you use FS9 so no probs there . I love flying the old girl even in FSX , and at £15 not too much of a bank buster . Must still be popular for Virtavia to rebrand it :) Hope this helps Bry

Thanks Bry, that makes for an easy decision. Watch out for one popping up on a practice leg sometime in the near future....Nick