Sign in to follow this  
nawarren

APU Fault

Hi all,Yesterday I was setting up the APU switch in FSUIPC macro, to do this I was toggling APU switch on and off quickly. When I went to start the APU for my flight. It would not start and the Fault light stayed on. Consulted the QRH which stated leave 5 min and if fault light goes out try again. Waited 5 min, light went out, tried a restart. No joy, fault light comes on again.Checked menu and sure enough 1 fault showing APU. Have had failures set to normal wear. This detail is amazing. I'm guessing that by playing with the APU switch on and off I caused the fault. Awesome detail, had to use ground air to start engine then carry out a crossbleed start. Great fun.One suggestion for an update would be the following if it's possible:APU fault occurs. As above, consult MEL says I can fly non etops as long as both engine generators are ok etc. Could an option be put in the menu next to APU fault, to place an inop sticker next to APU start Switch. When servicing is carryed out, the sticker would dissapear.I know the maddog has such a function.Again this is the most amazing A/C ever for flightsim. I am learning something new everytime I fly! Keep up the great work. Would love to fly a PMDG Airbus one day.CheersNeil