Sign in to follow this  
jeffhuiz

Multiple Monitor FSX/P3D

I might be a little long winded, but would appreciate some thoughts and suggestions. I went to college to fly planes and had a change of heart (geared up a plane - long story) and haven't flown for nearly 20 years. I have a client that recently purchased a TBM850 and asked me to go flying with him. that was an awesome experience and I got the bug to fly again. So I thought what a simple way to fly, try a sim program. Bought FSX and Saitek flight controls and thought what the heck. I have been having a BALL relearning approaches and all the fun things I missed with flying. I now have My Traffic 5.4, AS2012, FSCaptain, Saitek Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 and recently bought 2more monitore and have 3 27" WS monitors running through eyefinity. I have a huge wishlist as well. Current computer config, i7 2600 2.8 with Intel overclock to 3.2, 8GB RAM, ATI 2870 1GB GPU (Didn't do my research prior to buying the ATI). So here is my question. I am very happy with FSX EXCEPT for one item. When I run FSX on the multiple monitor setup, I get the notorious 'fish eye' effect. It isn't terrible, but everthing on the two outside monitors has a stretching effect as you get further to the edges. I have researched every where and I believe it is an FSX limitation. I have reconfigured the FSX.cfg file as many have stated and such to no avail. I have read through all I can find on the P3D forums and here, but not sure I know the answer. Will I be able to get a better setup and visual effects, i.e. eliminate the 'fish eye, or stretch effect with P3D. I can certainly live with FSX, but would love to get better overall visuals. I am aware of some of the current P3D limitations, i.e. TrackIR, software, but curious any suggestions and thoughts.Thanks for all your thoughts and Fly safe!

I run my sim across 3 x 24" screens with Nvidia Surround. I still get the fish eye lensing effect in Prepar3d.I think a Direct X 11 update is in the works so maybe that will fix it? I've gone back to using just 1 screen for now.I use the other two for Charts etc...

Jeff, does this happen at all zoom ratios or just the wider ones?gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Jeff, does this happen at all zoom ratios or just the wider ones?gb.
Not sure what you mean 'zoom ratios'. Can you explain further?Thanks!

Just what magnification or zoom your VC is being displayed at.You can change it with the "Hyphen" and "Equal" keyboard keys.I'm guessing that a zoom of .5 will show a lot more distorsion than say 1.???I do not have an Affinity setup but I was thinking of it, so I am interested in any potential problams.gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Just what magnification or zoom your VC is being displayed at.You can change it with the "Hyphen" and "Equal" keyboard keys.I'm guessing that a zoom of .5 will show a lot more distorsion than say 1.???I do not have an Affinity setup but I was thinking of it, so I am interested in any potential problams.gb.
Didn't seem to change much but it does help for the Cessna Mustang I recently purchased in that the numbers were really small and this helped to zoom in some. I also have the TrackIR and that helps as well. I am hoping a new release of Prepar3d will fix this in the future...Thanks!